- Gabriel Blair is a New York Times best-selling author.
- The following is an adapted quote from her book “Ejaculation Responsibly”.
- He says men can walk away from unwanted pregnancies that result from irresponsible ejaculation.
The following is an adapted quote from Gabriel Blair’s book “Abortion Responsibly: A Whole New Way of Thinking About Abortion“
If a man ejaculates irresponsibly and causes an unwanted pregnancy, he faces zero consequences. He could go at any time, and our current culture doesn’t really do much – or does it? – to encourage him.
It’s all about the woman
If a woman wants to take Plan B to prevent pregnancy, it’s up to the woman to get it and pay for it—from her own fund, or to ask someone else to pay.
If the woman decides to have an abortion, the man never knows that he has caused an unwanted pregnancy with his irresponsible ejaculation – and it is still up to the woman to arrange and pay for it (again, at her own expense). from the fund, or by demand. money from another person – and it is assumed that he can bring himself to a state where it is legal).
If the woman decides to raise the child but does not tell the man, or gives the child up for adoption, he will never know that there is now a child walking around with 50% DNA.
If a woman tells a man that she caused an unwanted pregnancy and has a child, the closest thing to him is that he needs child support. But our current child support system is known as a joke.
Men are responsible for almost all child support
Men make up 85% of child support providers, and only 43.5% of parents report receiving the full amount of child support. And an estimated $10 billion in child support payments go uncollected each year. In cases where men do not pay child support, theoretically, women have legal recourse and can force a man to pay child support, but, again, the system makes this very difficult. It is up to the mother to pay to prove paternity, pay the attorney, and fight for child support in court.
Remember that these court battles are unreasonably difficult to manage for someone who has only one child – a child they are trying to feed and care for. And ultimately, even if it takes time and years of legal fees, most women never collect all the money. If she does manage to collect, the average child support order is $400 a month, which apparently doesn’t even come close to covering housing, clothing, food and education – to say nothing of the temporary, emotional and physical costs. It is said To raise a child.
Our society is designed to protect men from the consequences of their actions. Our laws and policies could not be better designed to protect men who become pregnant.
I talked to a longtime social worker about this, and she listed eight ways that men don’t face any consequences and aren’t responsible for their ejaculatory actions.
1) There are no laws that require a father to pay child support without a court order. It is not automatic.
2) In most states, credit scores are not affected by failure to pay child support.
3) Fathers are not fired because of a woman’s pregnancy.
4) Parents are not billed for medical expenses for the pregnancy or the child. In at least two states, fathers are legally required to pay at least 50% of pregnancy-related medical expenses.
5) Fathers should take weeks or months of unpaid leave for pregnancy complications or childbirth.
6) Fathers do not lose a percentage of their salary in exchange for a woman’s pregnancy.
7) Parents are generally not required to pay funeral expenses for a dead child. At least two states consider it the parent’s responsibility to pay.
8) If the parents choose to leave at any time before or after the child is born – there are no social consequences of leaving the child.
There are little or no side effects to withdrawal. So, many men go on and on, causing unwanted pregnancies with irresponsible ejaculation and never think about it. When the subject of abortion comes up, they may think: Abortion makes me uncomfortable. Women should not choose abortion. And they never care about the man who caused the unwanted pregnancy.
Excerpt from “Ejaculation as Responsibility: A Whole New Way of Thinking About Abortion” by Gabrielle Blair. Worker Publishing © 2022.