With the January transfer window now open around Europe, there is plenty of gossip worldwide about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz about rumours, comings, goings and, of course, deals!
Top Story: Villa turn to Henrique after Williams snub
Aston Villa are still turning their attention to young Brazilian talent Luiz Henrique Still failing to sign Athletic Club striker Nico WilliamsAccording to the Daily Mail.
The report states that Villa were ready to forego the £45m release of Williams at the Bilbao club, which would have eclipsed the £34.6m fee paid for the 2021 transfer of winger Emiliano Buendia from Norwich City.
Williams has emerged as one of Europe’s leading talents and impressed at the 2022 World Cup with Spain, but the 20-year-old reportedly prefers to stay in LaLiga for now.
With that said, Villa manager Unai Emery is still on the lookout for attacking reinforcements and has identified Henrique as a potential option. Henrique plays for Real Betis, and the report says he has a transfer value of around £20 million. The 22-year-old Brazilian signed for Betis last summer from Botafogo, and has managed to bag three goals, along with five assists in all competitions this season.
Villa’s recent surge in form under Emery has seen them move away from the bottom three, but they are still eager to bolster their forward options as they sit just three points clear of sixth-placed Brighton.
– Ez Frez is set to leave Leicester City, with a move to Real Betis imminent, according to Rudy Galetti. The report says that Betis have managed to resolve several situations with outgoing transfers, which has allowed a deal for Perez to be close. Perez has been linked with a move away from Leicester since the transfer window began, with a lack of consistent game time this season.
– Tiemoue Bakayoko According to Calciomercato, he looks set to leave AC Milan and sign for Turkish club Adana Demirspor on a three-year deal. The 28-year-old midfielder is nearing the end of his two-year loan at Milan, but it is believed his loan will be terminated early to see him sign for the Super League side.
– Nottingham Forest increase their interest in Paris Saint-Germain keeper Keylor Navas After the injury of Dean Henderson, according to the Daily Mail. Henderson picked up a thigh injury in Forest’s clash with Leicester earlier this month, and it remains unclear when he will return. This has only reportedly heightened their interest in Navas, who is behind Gianluigi Donnarumma in the PSG pecking order.
– THiago Silva is set for a new deal at Chelsea, according to The Mirror. Silva’s current deal is set to expire at the end of the season, but Graham Potter is believed to be keen not to lose the experience the 38-year-old Brazilian offers.
– Southampton turned their attention to Marseille Bamba Dieng Still a snob of Nicholas Jackson, according to the Express. The report says the Saints want to strengthen their attacking options and have listed Dying as an option. Jackson is believed to be keen, however, and he now looks set to join AFC Bournemouth from Villarreal.