The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz about rumours, comings, goings and, of course, deals!
Top story: Man Utd prioritize Dortmund’s Bellingham
Manchester United is ready to make Jude Bellingham Their primary goal for next summer, according to the mirror.
Erik ten Hag wants to land the 19-year-old midfielder, with Borussia Dortmund reportedly demanding upwards of £130m for his transfer.
It has been reported that they will join the race for his signature with Manchester City, Liverpool and Real Madrid, but the Red Devils are aware that they must secure a Champions League place if they can convince him to make the switch to Old Trafford over other suitors .
Yet United failed to secure a move for the Barcelona star Frankie de JongIt looks like Bellingham has escalated to the top of the shortlist.
The England international contributed to 11 goals in 18 appearances for Edin Terzic’s side this season.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (US)
08.00 GMT: Arsenal boss Michael Arteta has dismissed reports linking him to Barcelona, praising the job Xavi has done in “lifting” the Catalan club as manager.
Arteta has guided Arsenal to the top of the Premier League table this season, which has reportedly led to Barca monitoring their former youth player as a potential long-term replacement for Xavi.
Xavi’s side were knocked out of the Champions League group stages for a second year this season, but Arteta insisted Barcelona were on a “really good path” despite the disappointment.
“What I can say is that I am extremely happy and proud to be where I am,” Arteta said ahead of Arsenal’s Europa League meeting with FC Zurich.
“Barcelona now are on a really good path. I think they have a phenomenal coach who is an absolute legend at the club and has lifted the whole place.
“You have to be very respectful of that.”
Arteta started his playing career in Barcelona’s academy but never made a senior appearance for them.
Paper Gossip (by Adam Brown)
– Barcelona and AC Milan lead the race for Jorginho, reports Sport. The 30-year-old Chelsea midfielder will enter the final six months of his contract in January, which will allow clubs from outside the Premier League to discuss a pre-contract agreement with him. It is understood he would be facing a move to LaLiga.
– Eden Hazard Could leave Real Madrid in January, according to Mundo Deportivo. Despite being contracted at the LaLiga club until the summer of 2024, just one start in the league this season has left the 31-year-old winger unsure about his future in the Spanish capital. Juventus have been linked with the Belgium international.
– Juventus discuss a loan move for Real Madrid Alvaro Odriozola, writes Calciomercato. Carlo Ancelotti’s side are reportedly ready to let the 26-year-old right-back leave the Santiago Bernabeu on loan in the January transfer window after making no appearances this season. Odriozola enjoyed a successful spell in Serie A with Fiorentina last season.
– FC Salzburg’s Noah Akfar Is attracting interest from Arsenal, of course Ekram Kanur. The Gunners are believed to have sent scouts to watch the 22-year-old forward in the Champions League on Wednesday, with Mikel Arteta’s team joining AC Milan and Leeds United in the race for his signature. Okafor has scored nine goals in 18 appearances in all competitions this season for the Austrian side.
– AC Milan are planning to open talks about a new contract with Olivier Giroudreveals Fabrizio Romano. The 36-year-old striker registered two goals and two assists in the RossoneriChampions League 4-0 win over Salzburg on Wednesday. With his current terms set to expire next summer, it looks like the Serie A side are ready to keep him at the San Siro.