With just a few weeks remaining before the opening of the January transfer window, there are plenty of rumors about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz about rumours, comings, goings and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Man Utd looking for new No.1
Manchester United is unlikely to activate David de Gea contract extension in the summer and will instead look for a new goalkeeper as the 2022-23 season draws to a close, according to Sky Sports Germany Florian Plettenberg.
He reports that although the 32-year-old Spain international is willing to stay at Old Trafford for another 12 months, United boss Erik ten Haag is open to the idea of a new No.1.
De Gea is one of the best shot stoppers in the business, as has been proven many times this season, but Ten Haag are reportedly on the hunt for a keeper more comfortable with the ball at his feet.
This could leave De Gea available on a free transfer when the current campaign ends in May 2023.
United signed De Gea for £19m in 2011 and he has become one of the most reliable players in a team that has struggled since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013.
However, if the Spaniard were to move on, United would free up a significant amount of their wage bill.
– World Cup 2022: News and Features | Plan
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Chelsea are keeping tabs on Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Piero Hincapie, according to Sky Sports. The Ecuador international is seen as a slightly more affordable transfer option than the Croatia and RB Leipzig star Josko Guardiol, whose value has probably risen after his impressive performances in Qatar. Hincapie, 20, played in all of Ecuador’s World Cup group games and could be available for £26.2m.
– Liverpool and Chelsea are battling to sign the Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Moises Caicedo, according to Sky Sports. The 21-year-old has impressed for the Seagulls this season and also starred for Ecuador in Qatar, where he scored in the group win against Senegal. Formal talks are yet to take place, and the midfielder is contracted on the south coast until June 2025. However, while Brighton are reluctant to let go of their South American star, England’s top clubs are circling, which could mean a fierce battle in January, or later.
– Chelsea are interested in landing the Brazilian wonderkid Vitor Roque, but the Atletico Paranaense striker has an £87m buyout clause, reports Globo. The rumors follow on the heels of Endrick’s move to Real Madrid, a player Chelsea are also interested in. Roque, like Endrick, is also regarded as one of the hottest prospects on the continent, but the Blues are under considerable pressure for his signature. The Timoteo-born forward is also attracting interest from Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Real Madrid.
– Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Your closet has emerged as a surprise transfer target for Barcelona, reports Sport. The Japanese playmaker, 26, is a free agent from June and is attracting interest from Borussia Dortmund, as well as from clubs in Italy. Frankfurt tried to keep Kamada in Germany beyond his existing contract, but it looks like the player has decided he wants a new challenge. Kamada impressed the Catalan club when the two teams faced off in the Europa League last season, and the Germans are now looking for a suitable replacement.
– Paris Saint-Germain will try to stop Lionel Messi In the French capital beyond the end of the current season, according to the Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano. He reports that while Inter Miami have made moves to convince the Argentine star to swap Ligue 1 for MLS, no deal has yet been agreed. And PSG officials would like the 35-year-old striker to stay for another year. As such, they will make their offer in the coming weeks.